https://www.avisalaska.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Downtown_Fairbanks_7e62093e-06a7-4482-a075-13c361e7b16f.jpg 625 1200 Avis Alaska https://www.avisalaska.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Logo-300x64.png Avis Alaska2023-02-16 15:23:312023-02-15 11:31:5210 Fun Summer Activities in Fairbanks, Alaska
10 Fun Summer Activities in Fairbanks, Alaska
Greetings from AVIS Alaska! We are the premier car rental company in Alaska, and we are excited to help you explore all our beautiful state offers. Whether you’re a local or a visitor, there are plenty of fun and exciting activities to enjoy during the summer. Here are ten of our top picks:
- Visit Pioneer Park: Pioneer Park is a historic park with exhibits and buildings showcasing the history of Fairbanks and the surrounding area. You can also catch live performances and events throughout the summer. Estimated time: 2-3 hours.
- Take a scenic drive on the Steese Highway: This scenic drive takes you through the heart of the Alaskan wilderness and offers breathtaking views of the state’s natural beauty. You can stop at several scenic pullouts to take in the scenery. Estimated time: 4-6 hours for the whole drive.
- Go rafting on the Chena River: The Chena River is a popular spot for rafting, kayaking, and canoeing, and it’s a great way to experience the beauty of the Alaskan wilderness. You can choose from various guided tours or rent equipment to go alone. Estimated time: 2-4 hours.
- Visit the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center: This center showcases the culture and heritage of Alaska’s indigenous peoples. You can learn about the state’s rich history and see authentic native artifacts. Estimated time: 2-3 hours.
- Take a scenic flightseeing tour: See Alaska’s stunning landscapes from above, and several companies offer flightseeing tours of the state. You’ll get breathtaking views of mountains, glaciers, and wildlife you can’t see from the ground. Estimated time: 1-3 hours.
- Explore the University of Alaska Museum of the North: This world-class museum is home to various exhibits showcasing Alaska’s natural and cultural history, as well as contemporary art and science. It’s a must-see for anyone visiting Fairbanks. Estimated time: 2-3 hours.
- Go gold panning: Fairbanks is the heart of the Alaskan gold rush, and several companies offer gold panning tours. You’ll get to try your hand at finding gold and learn about the history of the state’s gold rush. Estimated time: 2-3 hours.
- Visit the Creamer’s Field Migratory Waterfowl Refuge: This nature preserve is a haven for bird watchers and nature lovers and is home to various migratory waterfowl. You can take a guided tour or go it alone and explore the trails. Estimated time: 2-3 hours.
- Take a scenic drive on the Elliott Highway: This scenic drive takes you through the heart of the Alaskan wilderness and offers breathtaking views of the state’s natural beauty. You can stop at several scenic pullouts to take in the sights. Estimated time: 4-6 hours for the complete drive.
- Explore the Fairbanks Ice Museum: This unique museum showcases the art and science of ice carving. You’ll see a variety of ice sculptures and learn about the history of ice carving in Alaska. Estimated time: 1-2 hours.
We hope you enjoy your summer in Fairbanks and all it offers! Remember to rent a car from AVIS Alaska to make the most of your trip.